BOUNCE BACK LOAN SCHEME (BBLS) LAUNCHED TODAY
Last week we sent advance information on the new BBLS, which has officially launched today (Monday 4 May).
The BBLS fast-tracks funding to SMEs with loans that carry a 100% Government-backed guarantee for lenders.
The Government will also pay any fees and interest for the first 12 months (no repayments will need to be made within this time).
In case you missed our previous briefing, here is a quick link so you can check the details:
This previous briefing also tells you how to switch from CBILS to BBLS, which will be much quicker and easier for many SME’s – and which has a lower recommended interest rate of 2.5%.
- Small businesses will be able to borrow between £2,000 and £50,000.
- Businesses can apply online through a short and simple form (seven questions only).
- Businesses will have to apply via their normal online banking portal if their bank is one of the 9 Accredited Lenders (see ‘Links to Application Forms’ below).
- If your own bank is not shown on the list below you can choose any alternative from those listed but your application may take a little longer.
- As with the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS), loans will be interest free for the first 12 months.
- Once approved, the cash will be available within days.
- Banks will be prioritising customers who need urgent access to borrowing to keep their business going.
- The maximum loan under BBLS is now £50,000 and CBILS from £50,001. Businesses will only be able to have one BBLS or a CBILS per business.
Please note that unlike the CBILS, which is running via 40 Accredited Lenders, the new BBLS currently has only 9 Accredited Bank providers.
The Treasury says that more providers may be added at a later date.
STAY IN TOUCH AND GET HELP
If you are not already on the Building Legacies programme, now is as good a time as ever to get the right support for your business to survive and thrive. Register with us to gain access to our FREE business support programme and receive our regular Covid-19 briefings plus other useful information directly into your inbox.