EXTRA INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR THE ‘FURLOUGH’ SCHEME
We previously advised you what information HMRC will require from you to process your application for financial support under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), known as the ‘Furlough’ scheme.
Helpful feedback from one of our associated organisations, which has already applied for the CJRS, has revealed that HMRC require some additional information that we believe will be needed in all cases.
The full updated information list is:
- To be registered for PAYE online
- Your UK bank account number and sort code (only provide bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted)
- Your employer PAYE scheme reference number
- The number of employees being furloughed
- Each employee’s National Insurance number
- Each employee’s payroll or employee number (optional)
- The start date and end date of the CJRS claim
- The full amount you’re claiming for including:
- Salaries/wages for each furloughed person
- Employer National Insurance Contributions (NIC) for each person
- Employer minimum auto-enrolment pension contributions for each person
- The claim amount for gross pay for all furloughed persons during the claim period
- Your phone number
- Contact name
You also need to provide either:
- Your name (or the employer’s name if you’re an agent) or
- Your Corporation Tax unique taxpayer reference or
- Your Self-Assessment unique taxpayer reference or
- Your company registration number
Your claim will be handled much more quickly if you or your agent has all of this information to hand before you complete the online application.
You’ll need the Government Gateway user ID and password you got when you registered for PAYE online. You need to submit your claim in one session – you cannot save it and return later.
Sessions will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
If you have any problems you can contact HMRC via this link: Contact HMRC
STAY IN TOUCH AND GET HELP
If you are not already on the Building Legacies programme, now is as good a time as ever to get the right support for your business to survive and thrive. Register with us to gain access to our FREE business support programme and receive our regular Covid-19 briefings plus other useful information directly into your inbox.